NCFE Functional Skills Maths Entry Level 1, 2, 3 Past Papers

NCFE Functional Skills Maths Entry Level 1, 2 and 3 papers are split into two parts. Section A is a non-calculator section tallying 25% of the total marks, and Section B is a calculator section, which provides the remaining 75% of the marks. Students sitting these exams will require a blue or black pen, a pencil, a ruler, and a rubber, as well as a calculator for Section B only. The minimum pass percentage for all NCFE Entry Level exams is 75%.

The split of time and marks for each of Entry Level 1, 2 and 3 is:

  • Entry Level 1:
    • Section A – 20 minutes, 6 marks
    • Section B – 60 minutes, 18 marks
    • Total – 80 minutes, 24 marks
    • Pass mark – 18
  • Entry Level 2:
    • Section A – 25 minutes, 8 marks
    • Section B – 75 minutes, 24 marks
    • Total – 100 minutes, 32 marks
    • Pass mark – 24
  • Entry Level 3:
    • Section A – 30 minutes, 10 marks
    • Section B – 75 minutes, 30 marks
    • Total – 105 minutes, 40 marks
    • Pass mark – 30

 

The specification is very similar to all other Functional Skills Maths Entry Level exam boards. The specification is broken up into three main sections:

  • Using numbers and the number system
  • Measures, shape and space
  • Handling information and data

You should try to show your working where possible, in order to maximise your marks.