City and Guilds Functional Skills Maths Entry Level 1, 2, 3 Past Papers

The City and Guilds Functional Skills Maths Entry Level exams give you a practical, real-life situation, and require you to apply basic mathematical techniques to solve various tasks. They consist of two sections, Section A, a non-calculator section worth 25% of all potential marks, and Section B, a calculator section worth the remaining 75%. Students will require a pen, pencil, ruler, and rubber, as well as a calculator for Section B only. The pass percentage for all three levels is 75%.

The breakdown of time and marks for each level is as follows:

  • Entry Level 1:
    • Section A – 25 minutes, 8 marks
    • Section B – 65 minutes, 24 marks
    • Total – 90 minutes, 32 marks
    • Pass mark – 24
  • Entry Level 2:
    • Section A – 25 minutes, 9 marks
    • Section B – 65 minutes, 27 marks
    • Total – 90 minutes, 36 marks
    • Pass mark – 27
  • Entry Level 3:
    • Section A – 25 minutes, 10 marks
    • Section B – 65 minutes, 30 marks
    • Total – 90 minutes, 40 marks
    • Pass mark – 30


The specification is almost identical to all other Functional Skills Maths Entry Level exam boards, with a focus on four areas:

  • Using numbers and the number system
  • Measures, shape and space
  • Handling information and data
  • Solving problems and decision making

You must include as much of your method as possible, in order to maximise your potential marks.

Follow Our Socials

Social BG

Follow our Facebook for community support

Social BG

Follow our Instagram & TikTok for revision help

Our Facebook page can put you in touch with other students of your course for revision and community support. Alternatively, you can find us on Instagram or TikTok where we're always sharing revision tips for all our courses.

Follow our socials for revision tips and community support

  • facebook
  • instagram
  • tiktok

City & Guilds Functional Skills Maths Entry Level 1, 2, 3: Key Details

Qualification Title City & Guilds Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Entry Level (Entry Levels 1-3)
Qualification Number Qualification Number 603/4918/9 (Level 1), 603/4916/5 (Level 2), 603/4917/7 (Level 3)
Approved age ranges Approved age ranges Pre-16, 16-18, 19+
Total Qualification Time (TQT) Total Qualification Time (TQT) 58 hours
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) Guided Learning Hours (GLH) 55 hours
Assessment type Assessment type Externally set, on-demand assessment.
Grading Grading The qualification is graded Pass/Fail.
Entry requirements Entry requirements No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required.