City and Guilds Functional Skills Maths Level 1 Past Papers

City and Guilds functional skills level 1 past papers consist of two sections, one non-calculator paper and one calculator paper. The proportion of marks assigned to each section are 25% and 75% respectively, with section one containing mainly shorter form questions, whereas section 2 is made up of longer form questions. 25% of the entire exam consists of context-free questions, which test the basic skills of the qualification, these are usually one- or two-mark questions. The remaining 75% of the questions require you to analyse problems, assessing your ability to choose the best approaches to tackle problems.

Past Papers

Book Exam

Online Course

Free Progress Test

City and Guilds Functional Skills Maths Level 1 Past Papers: At a Glance

Calculator? Marks Time
Paper 1 Paper 1 Non-Calculator 15 Marks 25 Minutes
Paper 2 Paper 2 Calculator 45 Marks 80 Minutes
Total Total - 60 Marks 105 Minutes

FS Maths Level 1 Assessment Quiz

Want to find out the areas you need to improve for your revision? Take our Functional Skills Maths Level 1 assessment quiz.

CTA Icon

Follow Our Socials

Social BG

Follow our Facebook for community support

Social BG

Follow our Instagram & TikTok for revision help

Our Facebook page can put you in touch with other students of your course for revision and community support. Alternatively, you can find us on Instagram or TikTok where we're always sharing revision tips for all our courses.

Follow our socials for revision tips and community support

  • facebook
  • instagram
  • tiktok

Functional Skills Maths Level 1 Exam

Sit your functional skills maths level 1 exam online in your own home.

CTA Icon

What topic areas are covered in the exam?

The content of the exams is separated into three topics:

  1. Using numbers and the number system
  2. Using common measures, shape and space
  3. Handling information and data / statistics

These topics also build on the content in entry level 1, entry level 2 and entry level 3, so it is important for learners to be familiar with this content. Make sure you include all your workings and calculations in your exam as this may allow you to pick up additional marks, if you have shown the required skills for that question.

City & Guilds Functional Skills Maths Level 1: Key Details

Qualification Title City & Guilds Functional Skills Qualification in Mathematics at Level 1
Qualification Number Qualification Number 603/4648/6
Approved age ranges Approved age ranges Pre-16, 16-18, 19+
Total Qualification Time (TQT) Total Qualification Time (TQT) 61 hours
Guided Learning Hours (GLH) Guided Learning Hours (GLH) 55 hours
Assessment type Assessment type Externally set, on-demand assessment.
Grading Grading The qualification is graded Pass/Fail.
Entry requirements Entry requirements No prior knowledge, understanding, skills or qualifications are required.